Saturday, May 19, 2012

Weeding

After exercise and breakfast, I started in on weeding the back.  As I had hoped, the ground was still soft from the steady rain the other day, so it wasn't--well, hard.  I did all except the area under the bedroom windows and I'll look at that later.  Prepared the ground for tomatoes, too.
Drove up to Barneget and stopped at the consignment shop to see if they got any other chairs in, as I'm still looking for one for the guest room.  No luck, but it was a nice drive.
Decided to transplant the inpatients from the large container on the porch to under the Japanese maple, then get other flowers for the container to put in the bed.  Went to Buy-Rite Flowers and got vinca vine, a verbena mix, and lobella, which has tiny, intensely blue blooms. Planted them in the container and put that in the front bed.  Never completely satisfied, I may go back and get a purple lupine I almost bought, put that in the front, and just have the container next to the garage door.  Not sure.
Forgot the tomatoes, but can get them today and maybe I'll add sweet peppers and basil, too.
Spent time working on the little skit--Employment Opportunities--I'll bring to the Plays and Playwrights meeting today.  Watched the Night Must Fall CD again and yes, the whole beginning of the fourth scene--my big dramatic moment--was omitted.  Damn, that's disappointing, but there's nothing to be done now.  

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...