Friday, May 18, 2012

A Day With Aline

Neat day.  Picked Aline up at 10:00 and we drove up to the NJ State Police Museum in West Trenton on a gorgeous sunny day.  The museum contains a chronicle of the history of the state police (established in 1921) and has a special section on the Lindbergh kidnapping, which is what we particularly came to see.
We were a bit nonplussed to notice hordes of school children running around, as it was "National Police Week" (couldn't prove it by me).  Luckily, they didn't invade the museum until we were almost ready to leave. 
After, I suggested we have lunch at Lambertville Station.  We sat out on the patio and both of us had chicken salad with walnuts, to which I added a Corona--yummy.  We then walked the short distance to Elva's, thereby duplicating the nice outing I had a week ago with Jeanne.  I hadn't told Elva we were coming, but she was available and pleased to see us.  We chatted happily for 45 minutes or so and, as I knew she would, Aline loved the art gallery and the area.  Back in Little Egg, she treated me to ice cream at The Pine Cone before I dropped her off about 5:30. 
Had a lovely day, unfortunately marred when I watched the rest of Night Must Fall.  Unless I somehow skipped over it--and I'll check, but don't see how I could have--the climatic and very dramatic part of scene four for both "Danny" and me was omitted.  Hope I'm wrong about that.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...