Friday, May 04, 2012

Computer Stuff

Spent a lot of the day working on computer stuff, including Dionne Quint articles and some on Funny Money.  Finished cropping pictures and writing text for the June Breeze cover and sent the result off to Editor-in-Chief Virginia's daughter, who does the graphics for us.  She sent four versions back, each terrific, and wanted to know which to use.  I suggested she have her mother decide.
Drove up to Staples and duplicated some things.  I want to make up my own version of the Dionne Quint flyer for the library and will work on that today.  Called Eric, the guy who was supposed to come do my front flower beds, as I haven't heard from him for more than a week.  He said he thought I had cancelled.  What?  Said he had a message on the machine and thought it was me. Boy, this is annoying.  I can't imagine anybody would get a message like and neglect to call the person back.  Also, did he arrive at the home person who did call and do it anyway?  Wouldn't he be told then they had cancelled?  I think that's a fishy story.  Now Eric said he'd come this afternoon; if he doesn't, I'll actually make that cancellation call.
Picked up Aline and we went to rehearsal.  I had told her I didn't want to stay longer than an hour.  When we arrived, Neil and others in the cast were in the middle of blocking the first scene and, as is usual with him, Neil was directing very intensely.  I didn't want to interrupt, but I didn't want to stay longer than an hour and there wasn't any lull.  Aline needed to talk to Neil about ticket sales, but it was 8:30 and I wanted to leave, so I asked Tonya to take her home.  There really hadn't been any opportunity for decent pictures, so I left a note for Neil that I'd be back on Tuesday before rehearsal. 
WIDER:  From the incomparable Chris Floyd:
"...despite the frenzy and mouth-foaming fury of our political debates today, beneath the surface there is a remarkable consensus. Both parties support empire, militarism, corporatism, exceptionalism, oligarchy, executive tyranny, torture and the shielding of torturers, indefinite detention, extrajudicial killing, regime change (covert, overt, by proxy), special ops, black ops, rendition, the drug war, the terror war, undeclared war, war crimes, the relentless expansion of the "National Security" apparatus, the militarization of police powers, slashing the social safety net, serving the needs of Wall Street and the One Percent, and so on and on and on."
Yep.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...