Tuesday, May 15, 2012

All Plants In

Betty stayed over, but left early.  Then, after exercise, it was off to stalk the wild*--okay, tame--Celosia to put around the front tree.  Found bright and inexpensive ones at Lowe's. Also bought five bags of mulch.  Planted former and the latter was spread when the northern dweller came after work.  Now the work's complete and, wow, does it look nice!  All the pretty plants seem to be thriving and the black mulch just shows them off.
My helper (heh, heh, who's helping whom?) and I were interrupted for a delightful reason: a Skype call from U.K. son, Mike, and vivacious (is that redundant?) granddaughter, Vivian.  It was night over there and sweet Violet was asleep, but 7-year-old Vivian talked animatedly to my helper and me, and read us parts of several books of her own creation.
It turned out two bags were plenty of the mulch, so I hightailed it back to Lowe's and returned the other three.  Stopped at Shop-Rite for a few things.
Betty called and we firmed up plants to meet at Bed 'n' Bath today.  I had given her a gift card for her newly-renovated bathroom and she wanted some input on what towels, etc. to buy.  Muckie will join us.  I hope to have time to shop for something to wear to the Women's Club Spring Luncheon tomorrow.  Otherwise, I'll have to wear something I already have and that would be--oh, okay, I guess.
*Thirty or forty years ago, there was a wildly popular book called Stalking The Wild Asparagus--the title's a work of genius, I always thought--by Uell Gibbons.  He advocated eating things that grow in the wild.  I think he died of food poisoning--joke! 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...