Friday, December 16, 2011

Continuing my frantic pace, I went to Acme at 7:30 right after our walk. Got some supplies for my company, although I still have plenty more. Rushed home and made two batches of Nana Mix--with cashews, as directed. Saw Dennis and Bill cleaning Susan's gutters (sounds vaguely provocative, doesn't it?) and went over to ask if I had signed up for their service, which also includes clearing the dryer vent, cleaning filters, and so on. I hadn't, but remedied that with a check and they did the same at my house. Dennis was kind enough to also hang my big wreath outside the front windows.
I had asked Dennis if he used a glass cutter; he does and the guy is just across from Acme--I didn't have to go all the way over to Twin Glass, after all. The glass toppers for the three tables in my bedroom were done and I went over to get them.
Spent the rest of the morning cleaning, although I'll leave some for last-minute-tomorrow.
Got an e-mail from Desi to the cast, saying we'd resume rehearsals in January. Fine by me, and I'm sure, by everybody else.
After lunch, went to Target, where I picked up most of the rest of the presents. Stopped at K-Mart, too. By the time I got home, it was almost 6:00 and I stir-fried a quick chicken/onion/pepper/garlic meal. Very good, if I say it myself.
Called Ellen to find her being driven home from the hospital by her cousin, Carolyn. She called me back later from home and we had a good talk. She said Carolyn had stayed about an hour to get her settled in. Ellen is taking antibiotics and has a prescription for pain, but said she doesn't have any. The difference between invasive and microscopic (well, I guess it's still invasive) is extreme, I think. I had my appendix out when I was 19 and was in the hospital for at least four days, then recuperated at home for quite a while, too. Much better in this day and age, but it's still no cakewalk. Can't wait until Ellen gets here, so I can see she's safe and sound.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...