Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Desi suggested we switch Night Must Fall scripts, as I had the old (original) version and we'll be performing from the new. Great idea and he stopped over to make the exchange. Boy oh boy, it seems to me this puts Mrs. Bramson, which I play, in an entirely different light. She's not nearly as bitchy, even seems a somewhat sympathetic character. I'm not sure I really like this as well as the old, but guess I'll get into it. We're meeting on Sunday afternoon for a first reading, about which I'm excited. Unfortunately, after the high of hearing Kevin B. will play Danny, Desi told me there may be a problem because he's in Actors' Equity and they may not let him appear. Darn, but the question isn't settled yet; hope he can do it.
Spent most of the day working on the Betty project. Called her and we set up a lunch/birthday celebration for Thursday, so I MUST get the damn thing finished today, as I have the Women's Club luncheon tomorrow.
Was pleased to get a call from Ellen, from the jury room in Ventura, and we had a nice chat. Later, she e-mailed me that her finger is broken (she hit it on a chair while vigorously dancing to her new XBox) and has a splint on it. Hope it heals fast.
Went to the Homeowners' Association last night with Ray and Barb H. It was well attended and as usual, included rants from various disgruntled people for various nebulous reasons. It had the virtue of being short, as least, and we were home by 8:15.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...