Friday, December 09, 2011

Happy day, my icy box is working! Guy came about 4:00, replaced the relay to the compressor, and charged $180 with tax. I would have paid the scoundrels at Sears $269, so I'm glad they didn't come after all.
Before that, met my twin for lunch at Italian Cuisine on Jimmy Leeds Road. Had a great time with Betty, who leaves on Tuesday for Christmas with her family. I gave her the project I mentioned here--in scrapbook form, an account, with picture, of her ancestry. She gave me a gift certificate to my fav store, Fabulous Jewelry--in the amount of our birthday--wow! I'll miss her at my party, but am glad she'll be with her gang in Palm Springs.
After the guy left and the frig was humming along happily (and, you can be sure, so was I), I went over to Susan's to get my stuff out of her freezer. Oh, they were just having a glass of Chardonnay and nibbles, will you join us?
Does a bear--uh, live in the woods? Damn straight I would and we had a nice neighborly visit. Collected my Lean Cuisine meals, thanked them sincerely, and went on my way.
Must get my other freezer stuff from down the street and give the cooler back to Bessie and Bob. Will attend the annual Christmas house tour in Tuckerton today.
WIDER: Here's another Arthur Silber hits out of the park:
http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...