Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A quick rundown of a fun day: Took the little girls to look for an indoor play place, as it was rainy and overcast. Didn't find one, but came back to welcome Aunty Ellen, who blew in about 12:00. Mike got pizza for lunch, Ellen went to a hairdresser appointment with my girl, Leanne, which I had made for her; came back and the northern dweller came in after school. Soon, so did J., N., and the four boys. After an initial somewhat shy period,they had a good time playing. (It occurred to us later that the gang was composed of kids of 3, 4, 5, 7. 8, and 9--we were missing only a six-year-old.)
Mike made cookie dough and the kids all helped cut out Christmas shapes. They were baked--the cookies, not the kids--then they all enjoyed decorating them with different colored icing which Mike had made, gel, sprinkles and M & Ms in green and red, and so on,
The Middlebury mob didn't stay for dinner, as they had a commitment up north; Paula made fajitas (first time I ever had them) with beef, sauce, lettuce tomato, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream fixings--they were so good!
Brother Larry called to wish me a happy birthday just before dinner and I talked to his Helen, too. Marilyn sent a gift certificate for Barnes & Noble, and I got lots of other birthday greetings.
I was astounded, thrilled, and so grateful when my children called me into the dining room to present me with my Christmas presents--a new computer, the monitor of which is luxuriously large. This is from all of them and spouses Love it and Mike will hook it up later.
The Tokyo Twosome called this morning to wish me the same. Would be nice if they could be here, too, but Skype is the next best thing.
SEVENTY-FIVE! All in all, it doesn't have much to recommend it except being alive and well and surrounded by loving family--all right, I guess it has a lot to recommend it.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Happy, happy birthday. What a wonderful way to celebrate this milestone and Christmas with family from London, CA, and even Japan (Skype). I'm thrilled you got a new computer....have fun and enjoy this special occasion ...keep it going all year long or at least as long as you can.
love from,
your Virginia Beach friends.

Mimi said...

Pat and Rich,
Thank you so very much for your birthday wishes, and for your friendship. I know you've both had some serious concerns recently and it's so good of you to think of me.
Have a fine Christmas and may 2012 be your year.
With all best wishes,
Rosemary

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...