Saturday, December 03, 2011

Am I nuts? (Don't answer that.) I was at Walgreen's to pick up my not-so-secret vice, extra-dark pretzels, and saw an animated Santa Claus that moves and plays Christmas carols and is dressed in a precious little carpenter's apron with darling miniature tools in his pockets and is holding a string of Christmas bulbs that LIGHT UP and I couldn't help myself, I had to have him or I'd die!!
Yes, after my sorry experience in getting rid of my tons of Christmas decorations (not!),I bought the Santa for twenty bucks. Well, Vivian and Violet will love it.
Other than that, I hung the fresh pine wreath (hmm...guess that's another new Christmas item) on the front door and the artificial one inside in the foyer. Looks good.
Barb H. had asked me at exercise if I want to go to the Christmas House Tour in Tuckeron next Friday and yes, indeed I do. We do this every year and every year, Barb reminds me. Will ask Susan; Lois V. and two other will go, too.
Went to B.J.'s and picked up two loaves of my favorite pumpernickel. Other than that, did this and that household chores.
Called Marge D., who is having health difficulties, as she has been for a year or so. She said she was in the hospital last week. Her ominous symptom, which she's exhibited before, was that she suddenly was unable to talk. Doesn't sound good and I assume it has something to do with a mini-stroke. She has also been having a problem getting a BP down, although she's very thin, painfully so, in fact. I was a bit alarmed when we compared notes and found she and I are taking the same dosage of some BP medication. Not sure why she wouldn't be prescribed more.
The northern couple are coming today to move some furniture for me.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...