Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another pretty full day. Skipped exercise and went to Atlantic County early. I go so often, it's seems like a hop, skip, and a jump away, but in fact, is about a 80-mile round trip.
Produce Junction has wonderful poinsettia plants--a steal--and I bought two more to add to the seven I already have. Couldn't resist a mum plant with additions to look like Santa. Silly, because I don't really have anyplace to put it. Got some veggies while I was there.
Next, I went to Fabulous jewelry nearby and got a number of Christmas presents. I was looking at some scarfs when I realized a woman was standing behind me. I glanced up and thought she looked a lot like my twin sister, Betty.
Well, it was Betty! She was on her way to her friend's house in Haddonfield, stopped at Produce Junction, saw me there, and followed me. I had never noticed her. The weird thing is, that, for several seconds, I actually didn't recognize her. I suppose it was a combination of "knowing" she couldn't be there and the fact that, as a joke, she didn't indicate she knew me. I've been mulling over the strangeness of this ever since.
Anyway, she was on her way to California after running a few errands, and we hugged and said goodbye. I continued shopping--got a lot of presents there--then drove to Canal's to get a supply of wine. I had forgotten I had already stocked up before my company of Saturday, so now I have enough for a wild party--not that I'm having one, unfortunately.
Stopped at Twin Glass to try to get glass toppers for the three tables in my bedroom, but it would take a few days, so the heck with that.
Next stop was Boscov's, where I got a few more presents; treated myself to a cup a soup and slice of quiche for lunch first.
Was glad to get a call from Ellen while I was at the mall. Her friend brought her charger, so she was able to call on her cell (she can't make long distance calls from her hospital room). She's doing all right and thought she's be released today. Betty's daughter, Carolyn, will take her home.
Got home and continued rearranging furniture and so on, in preparation for my company. Called Ellen and we had a nice chat. Called Dennis and got the name of a glass cutter; called him and he'll have them for me this morning.
Still have a few presents to buy and must wrap all of them, of course, as well as clean the house, buy groceries, cook, and get my hair done.
Yoicks, I have plenty left to do!

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...