Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh boy, what a day. Came back from running errands in Manahawkin to get a phone message from Ellen telling me she was in a hospital emergency room. She's been having stomach pains, went to the doctor, and was told to go there, as doc thought she had appendicitis. I immediately called her cell when I got home, but didn't get her. Went on-line and determined Community Memorial was the place, called there, and yes, she was there. When she got back to me, she was in a bed and they were waiting for results. After a delay and other calls, it was confirmed that the problem was her appendix.
Just talked to her: Appendix was removed laproscopically. She sounds groggy and says it's sore, but I think okay. I'm glad it's over and I'm sure she is, too.
Earlier, I had gotten an e-mail, then a phone call from Mike, telling me that Vivian's holiday recital would be on the school's web site at 1:30 my time. He sent me the link and I tried, but couldn't get it.
Got two huge boxes and a small one from Amazon for Mike. Made something and packed and sent it to P. and N.
Also earlier, I borrowed a wheelchair from our clubhouse for me to use in the play and it's now in my trunk.
Went to rehearsal last night, although I was so worried about Ellen. It was at the old municipal building on Giffordtown Road, only about a mile from me. No heat, so we kept our coats on, but rehearsal went okay. Just got an e-mail from Director Desi to the effect that we'll probably skip more December rehearsals and resume in January. I'd really rather continue on, but have commitments on my birthday and when we go to Florida right after Christmas anyway, so that's okay.
Today I must concentrate on buying Christmas presents!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...