Saturday, December 17, 2011

Briefly, I alternated among wrapping gifts--all of them--making four batches of "Nana Mix," rushing out to the store for what I forgot, and rearranging things to optimize my guests' stay. Annoyingly, I had to interrupt everything to spend two hours at the hairdresser's, an ordeal for me, as I hate, hate, hate the whole process. However, my hair has never looked better and I gave Leann a card with a generous tip, along with thanks for the good cut and color.
Got home to realize I was missing a gift for someone--rather, a group of someones. Looked on line and decided on a gift card to a restaurant near where they live.
Received several more huge boxes from Amazon, which I agreed not to examine and I didn't. Just stowed them in the only available space: behind the love seat that separates living from dining room. Put all the wrapped presents there, too.
Got a call from the control freak of the century in London to ascertain that I have plenty of lights and balls for the tree and to ask that I have various J & J products on hand. Talked to adorable Vivian, who was awarded the class bear, "Sam," and will bring him to the states, then write about it. Cute idea.
Called Ellen and was thrilled and overjoyed to hear she feels well. I'm glad she isn't pushing herself too hard to do things, although she has to pack. Her darling cousin, Betty's girl, Carolyn G., took her home from the hospital; I called her to thank her and she told me she knew Ellen would do the same for her. Of course, she would and I don't often enough realize how terrific this family is. I'm much relieved at Ellen doing so well, but won't rest until she's here on Monday.
Must spend the day cleaning, cooking, and doing last-minute chores; still have to pick up a few things at the Acme. They--the London contingent--will be here late, about 9:30, but they'll be here--yay!
It occurred to me that if I kept up my current level of activity, I'd be skinny as a rail by 2012. Dead from overwork, too, of course, but you gotta take the bad with the good.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...