Sunday, December 04, 2011

Hoo boy, things are moving right along! The northern couple got here about 10:30 and proceeded to accomplish all the saved-up chores and moving I can't do myself. Separately or in tandem, they
--replaced the bulb in the garage, too high for me to reach
--installed the new light fixture in the foyer, too high for me to reach
--moved the high-chest bureau out of the closet and into the garage (I'll store things in it)
--moved the other high-chest bureau from the bedroom to the closet
--took the t.v. out of the armoire in the living room and replaced it with the one in the guest room.
Now, that last maneuver was problematic. The l.r. set had been blinking to black often and we all thought was on its way out (it's roughly 15 years old). The one in the guest room had been working but, lately, hadn't. It's too long and involved to go into the reasons, but after the couple had carried the l.r. set to the curb, it was decided the problem was the cable or something and it was brought back in. However, then some black areas showed it was about to give up the ghost anyway, so was carried back out and the guest room one put back in.
Anyhoo--. They did a yeoman's job, refused lunch, and left after several hours of hard labor.
Later, I went to Shop-Rite, which was jammed as usual, and B & B for veggies. Read over Night a bit. I have to be careful not to commit to memory my version when we're doing another and I'd have to "unlearn" the first.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...