Friday, March 21, 2008

Went to the clubhouse to use a computer, but the room is being painted and they're inaccessible. Went to the library, but it's Good Friday and it's closed. Am now at noisy K-Mart, but the computers here are much faster and they allow you a whole hour, as opposed to the library's 30 minutes.
Pat's sweet niece, Donna, and I had had a date to go for tea tomorrow (Saturday) at Lizzie Rose, an antique shop--shoppe--and fancy-poo place that's nice to visit every year or so. However, since we're now having dinner at Alison's tomorrow, we postponed it to next Saturday--yay!
Spoke to dear friend, Leslie, and accepted her offer to accompany her to a support group to which she belongs; it's for people who have suffered,or are suffering, losses. It's not only for those whose losses are the result of death, but of people like me, who are facing the loss of companionship and whatever else due to disease, divorce, accidents, and so on. The group meets at the Methodist Church on Tuesday.
Talked to Betty, baked the cake I'm bringing tomorrow, boiled the eggs for the devilled eggs I'm also bringing, got the salad ingredients, etc. Looking forward to hiding eggs for Joely to find and seeing precious little Tristan.
Other things went on, but they're really not too interesting and I'm getting tired of recording them. I will say I went to Weight Watchers yesterday and lost another eight tenths of a pound--ha! but I'll take it and like it--for a new total of 62.2 down and a weight of 137.4.
At WW, I was happy to discover that leader Cris (no "h") does an 8 am meeting on Saturdays, so I'm going to switch to that. Always has a problem with the lateness of the Thursday meeting--10 am, which is practically the middle of the afternoon for me.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...