Monday, March 17, 2008

This will be a quickie, as I just got up--at 6:35, for heaven's sake! Ironically, I watched 60 Minutes last night and they had a double segment on the importance of sleep. Wouldn't you know, I woke up at 3:00 and couldn't get back, then did, and overslept.
The opera session yesterday was really good. I was completely confused in yesterday's blog and mixed two operas. Actually, we saw Cavalleto Rustiana first, then had an intermission, then saw Il Pagliaccio. (I know the spelling for both is mangled, but don't have time to look them up.) Both concerned love, spurned love, hate, increased hate, heartbreak, and tragedy. They sound silly, but were magnificent. Can't wait for next week.
Friend Connie W. called last night to ask if I would go over her son's resume. He worked at Peterson's Guides--don't know in what capacity--and was laid off at the age of 42. Of course, I said I would and she'll bring the resume over this afternoon.
I'm going on another hike today, at Pakim Pond in Brendan Byrne Park, and it starts at 10:00. Must take Pat to get his stitches out at 2:00, so hope I'll be here when Connie arrives.
Must go pick up Susan now. Chaio!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...