Thursday, March 06, 2008

Got my baby back yesterday--yay! Alison came before dinner and spent more than an hour installing it (with Mike's instructions). She had to call him a few times when glitches arose, but was able to get it up and running. For payment, I gave her foil-covered Linzt chocolate figures of Santa Claus and a reindeer left over from Christmas
Mike said he had been unable to fix the poor dear in the usual way (whatever that is), so had had to strip it (or something) and reinstall everything. It's working fine and I'm so pleased and grateful to both of them.
Earlier in the day, Barb D. and I went to The Grapevine for lunch. Had a wonderfully convivial time, talking away. Have I ever mentioned how much I like my neighbors? This was so good and it seems to have been an age since I've been out for lunch. Had my good ol' Caesar salad--natch--and took half home.
I received an e-mail last night from former Rider colleague Mary Jane H., telling me her husband had died of a heart attack. I called her immediately and we had a good talk. Mary Jane lives in Beach Haven West, 10 miles from here, and she and I meet for lunch periodically.
Weight Watchers today, and as ever, I'll be fine with whatever the weigh-in reveals.
Incidentally, I checked my BP yesterday and the day before at Acme and it was 136/81 and 127/76, with a pulse rate of 67 and 66, respectively.
Later: Good news--I lost another pound and a half, so passed the 60-pound-off mark. Am now 139.2 and pleased, of course, to have reached two more goals.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
So good to have you back.
What is your final goal before you stop losing?
Also, when you walked to the store yesterday (2 miles) for groceries....did you take a little cart with you?

I bet with all the plant food you eat and very little meat, you have actually been able to reduce the amount of plaque in your vessels. I wonder if the Doc who did your cardiac test last year would do it again as part of the study to see if the plaque is reduced. I don't know of any way to get rid of plaque other than angio plasty...pushing it back against the wall...but a pathologist told me once you can get rid of it by eating veggies....I mean lots of them....like you do. Anyhow, whatever you're doing, it's working. So glad you're enjoying the hiking as well.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat! I didn't take anything to push when I walked to the store, but just brought back a steak for Pat for dinner. If I have a larger order, I'll drive.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...