Sunday, March 02, 2008

It's Sunday, the library is closed, so I'm entering this in K-Mart. Went to the "Short Course on the Pinelands" with Barb H. yesterday, at Burlington Community College. It was great! I attended the classes on what to plant in your garden to attract birds and butterflies; "Tales and Tunes of the Pines"; a section on the lost village of Florence, in Whitesbog; the flora on the gunnery range; and "Hiking in the Pines." The last was presented by Tom N., president of the Outdoor Club. BTW, I plan on a 6 mile hike tomorrow near Tabernacle.
Aside from that, nothing much else new except that I actually cleaned out a lot of my closet--it's a walk-in and I got into the bad habit of putting things in there if I didn't know what to do with them.
Alison called to say poor Mike is still sick. He went to the doctor and had a blood test, which showed a low white cell count (or red cell. Or high. Or something). Anyway, he's still under the weather, I'm afraid. He and Alison were planning to race in Monmouth today, but he probably can't and she might decide against it.
Okay, I have a lot of other stuff to do and it's a drag sitting in the middle of a busy store. Hope to add some tomorrow or next day.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I chuckled trying to visualize you sitting in the middle of the store posting to your blog. I had no idea Kmart has public access computers.
I hope it's Mike's white count that's elevated....that would mean his body is fighting the infection.
The PInelands course sounds so interesting.
Enjoy the hike.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary I was not aware that you could use the computer at K-mart. How did you find out about this?
I hope that Mike gets well and returns your computer, we miss you.
Don't you just love cleaning out closets? I don't have a walk in or I would probably do the same as you. I have to get in mine and eliminate all the clothes that don't fit me. I also have shoes that have hardly been worn that should go to good will.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...