Saturday, March 29, 2008

Poor Marge was unable to make lunch yesterday; she had terrible insomnia and was wiped out. Hey, this is a drag, as I well know. I'm very lucky in that I usually sleep well, but every once in a while, I'll have a stretch--sometimes for days--of waking at 3 am and not being able to go back to sleep. The weird and annoying thing is, it doesn't seem to matter how active I am during the day: I've found it hard to sleep (or go back to sleep) whether I had completed a 10-mile hike or passed a relatively quiet day. Marge and I will try for another date soon.
I actually got most of the income tax stuff pulled together. Have reluctantly decided to look for a local accountant to do it. Much as I love Bill D., who's been our tax guy for years, he's just too far away. I don't feel competent to do it myself (considering our vast wealth and complicated holdings--ha!), although I did use Turbo Tax last year.
Quiet day. My dear D.D. called about 6:00 on her way to the Friday night hike she and Mike lead. I'm back to my better (and happier, or at least, more resigned) self and it isn't really necessary for her to call everyday, but I hate to tell her that because I love hearing from her.
Anyway, Alison told me that our former next door neighbor in Ewing, Ida H., had driven to an auto dealership, pressed the gas instead of the brake, and plowed right through the building, hitting a receptionist's desk and pinning her under the car. The woman is badly hurt and was taken to the hospital. Poor Ida, who is 86, lost her daughter, Neela, a few years ago from cancer. She has another daughter, Helaine, who was a coach at a local high school--maybe still is. The story was on the front page of The Trenton Times yesterday. What a bizarre and horrible accident.
Am going to today's early Weight Watchers meeting right after our walk; it opens at 7:30 am. Will then look forward to niece Donna's visit and going to the Lizzie Rose tearoom with her.
Later: Well, I'm up a quarter pound or 4 ounces or two tenths of a pound. No big deal, as it may be the result of overeating at Alison's on Saturday or just a normal variation. Am at 137.6 with an even 62 pounds off.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...