Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Got my hair cut yesterday and it looks pretty good. Always hated my hair, which is Indian-straight and flyaway, but used to be thick. Now it's Indian-straight and flyaway, but a lot thinner. The color's about the same, though--medium brown--no thanks to Nature.
Finished a bunch of chores I've been putting off for a low-key, but okay day. Picked up some beef cubes and made beef stew for dinner. Have enough left over to freeze for a later meal. Made a big salad and put some in my traveling container to take for Alison's for lunch. I'll leave here in about an hour--8:00 am--as she said the sofa is scheduled to be delivered between 9 and 12.
Ellen sent pictures of her new townhouse--boy, is it nice. Has built-in shelving in the master bedroom, plus windows on either side and corner ones across the room. The setting is also lovely, with nicely-kept lawns, trees and shrubs, and wide streets. It's called "Riverview" and it actually has a view of the (dry; I think that's peculiar to California) river bed beyond rolling fields and with mountains in the background. It's just lovely and I can't wait to see it in person in May.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...