Monday, March 10, 2008

Much as I like DSL, it can be a pain. Got up late--6:30--and had to rush a bit to pick up Susan at 7:00 (because I must have my coffee first). Back now, though, and ready for the hike today.
Nothing much went on yesterday. I skipped the Women's Club meeting; just wasn't interested in the program, somebody or other lecturing on how to stay healthy in one's later years. Ho-hum, everybody knows you need to rest a lot, watch t.v. as much as possible, eat a thoroughly-processed and high sugar diet, and be sure to follow everything you learn from Oprah and Dr. Phil.
Anyhoo--took a dry run to the trail head at Ong's Hat. It's 32 miles, but now I'll know for next time how to get there.
Got the pictures from Patrick of his and N.'s weekend in the mountains and greatly enjoyed them. Can't wait for their visit.
Talked to, and saw, Ellen on the web cam and that was fun. We discussed her new townhouse, school, and so on. The picture had been somewhat fuzzy before, but now is much clearer, which is nice.
Other than all that, just had a rather slow, but okay, day.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...