Friday, March 07, 2008

After WW, was pleased to get a call from Marge asking if I wanted to go out for lunch. Yes, indeedy, and we went to Poseidon; hadn't been there for a while. I was going to order my usual, but in truth, am just a tad tired of the old C.S. Saw on the menu "The Waist Watcher," and recklessly ordered that.
Gawd, was it good! It consisted of a turkey burger (no bun), a big mound of luscious cottage cheese (I eat it every morning, but figured more wouldn't hurt), and a small, but delicious portion of fresh fruit salad. I like sweet with savory and often serve fruit salad or applesauce with meat and this was wonderful. Guess I've been in a rut and will try to be more creative with what I order out.
Marge came back to the house with me to see Patrick's and Natsue's wedding pictures and view some of the passing parade (mostly Vivian) on the digital frame. I dropped her off at home, then took a dry run over to the dermatologist's office in Northfield in preparation for today. Stopped at Santori's on the way home and stocked up on goodies, including broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, squash, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, and feta cheese.
Got an e-mail from Barb H. telling us Mary Ann Van O's husband, Bart, who also suffers from emphysema, is in the hospital. Will call her from the doctor's office.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...