Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ohboyohboy--for the first time in an age, I missed our walk not-of-necessity. Overslept to the tune of 7:10, incredibly enough. Unfortunately, I again had trouble sleeping last night. Woke when Pat came in about 11:30, then again at 3:00. Did go back to sleep after a half hour or so, but then--see above. Hope and assume this isn't a pattern.
The hike was so good yesterday. As it was last week, the weather was perfect: cold, but with brilliant sun and blue skies. We realized it was windy the few times we walked into a clearing, but for most of it, we were in the woods, so the wind didn't penetrate.
I was pleased to to be greeted by many I've hiked with before: Joan, Marilyn, Pat, and several of the men. There were about 30 of us, and we went 5.2 miles. The terrain and scenery were great. It was over mostly broad, pine-needle-strewn or sandy paths (which makes for easy walking), and part of the route bordered unused cranberry bogs that were a deep royal blue. All along the edges there were cranberries caught in the rushes and we joked there was no need to buy them, we could just gather them here.
I got home exactly at 1:00 and pulled in the driveway just as Connie drove up to drop off her son's resume. Ran in the house, shoved some broccoli in the microwave, ate that and a little yogurt for lunch, got Pat in the car, and made it to the dermatologist's for his appointment at 2:00. The nurse took out some of the stitches, but unfortunately, pointed out that the doctor had identified yet another squamous cell behind his ear. We go to the radiation center at SOCH at 11:00 today to have the earlier stuff checked, so will have to discuss how to treat the new one. Pat also has a podiatrist appointment today at 9:45, so I hope that gets over before we have to go to SOCH
After I dropped Pat off at home yesterday, I went to my own doctor's to straighten out a mix-up in appointments, stopped at Acme to replenish the larder, took books back to the library, and did a few other errands.
Talked to Alison after dinner and we discussed Easter. I'll suggested I bring devilled eggs, a green salad, and a cake. With a ham and a few more side dishes, that will be plenty. She said the table (which they had stained at the shop) came in. She said it looks great, but doesn't really match the chairs she had stained, although she had brought one to them so it would. I have a hell of a lot more on the agenda, such as getting Pat's pulmonologist to write a letter to Ocean County, requesting that he be removed from the juror lists (yes, he was called); contacting Atlantic Imaging, which wants to charge me $690 for my recent mammo and bone density test; and many more of the minutiae that seems to fill my life. And oh yes, I have to pull together the income tax stuff and try to get that done before April 15, which is coming right up.
On the bright and neighborly side, Susan gave me a piece of (green) pistachio cake for Pat and we got St. Pat's Day cards from bro and SIL, Jim and Terese, and neighbor, Anne Mary H.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
It is unbelievable how many of these skin cancers Pat has developed. You hear about folks having one or two, but geez, he's getting more than I've ever heard. You two will have to move into SOCH...they must know you by now.

Your hike sounds wonderful. I think I would have enjoyed it too.

Let's hope Atlantic Imaging has a 'new' employee who keyed in the wrong code which will be easy enough to fix. It took me 6 months to get something similar removed from one of my MD visits. When it was over I told them I wanted a letter to the effect that my balance was zero. Several calls later I got the letter and an apology. I hope you can resolve your with one phone call.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. I'll call them today and let you know if just one call does it.

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...