Friday, June 29, 2007

Yesterday was good. Called Patrick in the morning (his late evening) to wish him a happy forty-eighth birthday. (Even more than being 70, even more than being a great-grandmother twice over, it's just incredible to realize I have a son that old.)
Picked up Leslie for Weight Watchers. She has her granddaughters, Sierra, 7, and Aspen, 5, visiting and they came with us. I was pleased to have lost another 1.8, bringing my weight to 181.8. Now I'm looking forward to the next milestone of getting into the 170's.
Getting used to the Chevvy (it's a Malibu), I drove to Santori's and stocked up on stuff to feed my addiction: cauliflower, broccoli, onions, asparagus, squash, lettuce, carrots, and strawberries. Yep, I'm a veggie freak.
Because of WW at 9:30, I didn't have breakfast until 11:00. Skipped lunch and picked Marge up at 4:00 for the early bird dinner at Poseidon. (Well, I like to pretend I'm not an old lady, but who am I kidding?) I had chicken Francoise (?), substituting a side of Brussel sprouts for the potatoes, and decaf for dessert. I was a little taken aback to see that what I ordered was a kind of breaded chicken cutlet in a cream sauce, but living dangerously, I ate every morsel and drop. Once in a blue moon won't kill me, and boy, was it good--laden with fat, I'm sure, which is why I so rarely order anything either breaded or in sauce.
At home, I eat virtually no processed foods, aside from WW bread. Processed and packaged foods are where you find the most fat, sugar, and additives to extend shelf life and contribute to "mouthfeel" (ugh!).
I called Pat during dinner and he suggested I get him takeout, so brought him home a hot roast beef sandwich. Marge and I then drove to the bay just to talk, which we did and do constantly. Dropped her off about 7:00, watered the flowers, jumped in the shower, topped off the day with my ritual wine and popcorn, and slept well.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
You are so fortunate to actually love veggies. Brussel sprouts....yuk! It would make wgt control so much easier if I could just munch on veggies....Rich too, loves them including brussel sprouts. I have to make myself eat them with the exception of spinach.

Do you eat the same thing for breakfast everyday? For the most part this is my one healthy meal...all bran, raisin bran and a few golden grahams...coffee with FF milk and splenda. On Saturdays I allow myself 2 eggs and bacon with a bagel. If I could (more like would) just stop using so much oil to pop my popcorn....reduce or eliminate the ice cream....don't like FF stuff...I would drop lbs. Not quite ready, but am getting there.
You are doing so well and seem to be OK with it.
When I would start the WW program I would announce I was going thru detox....detox from junk. I would be a little depressed at first...then in a few days...I was on my way. Oh to get back on the wagon. I will, I will. Just hope I do before I develop another cancer which fat is related to. Denial works well in this case.

Mimi said...

Pat, these are interesting questions and comments; will respond in an e-mail.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...