Saturday, June 30, 2007

Brother Larry called yesterday evening from Virginia, and he'll be here this afternoon, I'm happy to say. I'll be picking Joely up at noon, so guess we'll be here when he gets in; if not, Pat will be.
Talked to Betty. She had a stomach (or some kind of innards) upset on Thursday, and was feeling better, but still not up to par. Hope she's better soon. She sent pictures of little Dexter, Finn, and Claire, all of whom are just adorable, of course.
Other than that, it was a slow day. Went to Manahawkin to get a tomato cage, went to the bank and Acme, and putzed around home. Had salmon for dinner and gave Pat a pork chop; also served corn on the cob, which we both enjoyed.
'Twas my least favorite kind of weather: dull and overcast, with drizzling rain now and then. The weather affects my mood--I like best a bright, hot, blazing-sun kind of day, which somehow seems so full of promise--but I was pretty chipper, anyway.
Addition: About 6:45, after writing the above, I went to pick up the paper and saw a police car and EMT vehicle at neighbor, Anne Mary's. Concerned (nobody else was out), I followed an EMT in. Anne Mary was sitting in the living room, hooked up to various moniters. As far as I can tell, she may have suffered (or thought she suffered) some kind of heart episode; not sure, because she said she didn't have pain, but had been throwing up. She said she had an appointment with a world-renowned cardiologist on Monday in New Providence, NJ. (World-renowed? In New Providence, NJ?) Not sure if she actually has some kind of heart problem or if she just pressured her doctor into referring. In any event, an ambulance came and took her to SOCH (Southern Ocean Regional Hospital) in Manahawkin. Before she left, she asked me to bring her home and I agreed, completely forgetting I was picking Joely up at noon. Hmm...I'll have to figure something out here. Just called the emergency room and they told me she had just gotten in, and to give them at least 3 hours before calling back to see if she was being discharged. Think I'll call Jen and see if I can get Joely earlier; he can stay with Pat or come with me to pick up Anne Mary--OR I'll ask one of the other neighbors to do it.

2 comments:

EBJ said...

Maybe Ann Mary has the same thing I had. I was throwing up too.
Tell my brother I said Hi. Also tell Joely and Peter Pan that I said hi.

iloveac said...

You are so bad....thinking New Providence might not have a world renowned cardiologist for AM....where the heck is New Providence anyhow? Hope she's OK....I bet she got seen sooner than Betty by going in by ambulance.

I was going to write something unkind here, but ya nevah know who's reading this famous blog. Will email you with my nasty comments.

Am anxious to hear how you solve the picking up of Joely and AM at the same time.

Enjoy the heck out of PeterPan and then your brother when you get home. Sounds like a good w/e for the Molloys even if the weather is crappy.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...