Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Got an estimate on the car: $1179.09. When I called the kid's mother to tell her, she asked if I'd also go to a place in West Creek (pop. about 42) down Route 9 her husband knows. I grumpily agreed, but later her husband called and said he thought we should just go through our insurance companies. Fine by me; I called Allstate and gave them the info and an agent will get back to me today. I was told they'd give me $30 a day for a rental car, too.
Made an appointment to get a perm at 9 today. Gotta get some color on, too, and you're supposed to wait a week or so after a perm.
Will call the cleaning service and ask if they can come tomorrow, or even today. I had asked them to discontinue while Pat was so sick, but he's much improved (probably as good as he's going to get), so I'd like to get the place done before Larry comes sometime this week.
Ran into Leslie at the scene of the crime, Acme, and she reminded me we're taking her granddaughters and Joely to Surflight Theatre on Saturday to see Peter Pan.
Got an interesting e-mail from Brother Frank to his sibs, asking for memories of our father (that always sounds funny) on behalf of his son, Jim. I told him what I remember and reminded him of the blog "Domino Lane" (listed on my profile page), which contains the reminiscences of my uncles and aunt, with mentions of Daddy (we always called him that). Our older brother, Jim, is a better source for the early married years, and he contributed, too. (Yes, all were named "Jim," my brother and nephew after my father.)

1 comment:

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary, my Brother Paul started doing this with my Father. He has such a fabulous memory, he remembers things when he was three or four years old. My memories don't go before 14 with the exception of bit and pieces, I read his paper on Daddy and started crying. Paul remember things in a different way then I do.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...