Saturday, June 02, 2007

I had no sooner typed my note on yesterday's entry when Marge called to see if I was interested in lunch. Oh, yes, indeedy--am I not always interested in lunch? We went to Calloway's and I had--well, I'll spell it out and let you guess: C-a-e-s-a-r S-a-l-a-d. (Talk about being in a rut.) I got the lowdown on the Drama Club performances and, of course, enjoyed it muchly. Marge hadn't been feeling well lately and I was glad to see she's perked up.
After we parted, I went to Radio Shack and bought myself a "walking" CD player with ear phones. Want to add some walk sessions to my regular morning one with Susan. Later, stopped at the bay to say hello to Pat and his friends.
Dennis called to say the components for the new built-ins in the study were confirmed as coming in on the fifth. Yoicks! Now I have to get everything out of that side of the room, not a simple task.
Was delighted to get a call from precious Vivian in the evening. She sounded so adorable when she said, "Thank you for the shirt, Nana" and sang "On Top of Spaghetti." She also excitedly told me "I swept (slept) in the big bed!" Not sure if that meant her parents' bed or what. They were at the Hyatt and today, they move into the service apartment for a month; after that, they'll finally be able to settle down into the other permanent place.
All in all, a very nice day.
Note: This is the 57th anniversary of my father's death.
Further Note: This is my 500th post. (Geez, do I ever shut up?)

3 comments:

EBJ said...

I was just thinking of that walk home from Mrs. Brandoisn's (sp) when I read your blog.

Mimi said...

Yes, neither of us will ever forget it.

Dee's Blog said...

I know how you feel Rosmary. I never forget the death of my parents and where I was when I heard the news.
500 blogs and every one as interesting as the other. Some people have a knack for writing and then there is me. Regardless, thanks for reading mine no matter how boring they are.
Isen't it adorable the way children speak, I would love to be around young children all the time. They just make you feel right about yourself.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...