Friday, June 01, 2007

Lunch with Lynne was such fun! We hadn't seen each other for several years, but keep in touch via the Internet. The drive to Newark, Delaware, took about two hours (maybe slightly less, as I stopped for gas) and was pretty easy--little traffic and straightforward. I was pleased we met at Applebee's because I was able to get a WW meal; had teriyaki shrimp, which was scrumptious.
Lynne and I talked and talked about our families, our recent doings, her part-time job (she does accounting for a medical practice), my non-job and happy I don't have one, and the state of the universe in general. We resolved to "meet in the middle" (it took her about the same amount of time to get there) more often as we don't see enough of each other. We parted about 2:30 and I drove home, this time following Mapquest's suggestion of Route 40 East which admittedly takes longer, but is a pleasant drive through farmland and small towns.
Arrived home in time to make dinner. Pat had gone down the bay, of course, and said the weather was perfect there. Got an e-mail from Mike telling about their new digs. They won't move in until the end of the month because of the extensive renovations they're having done, including having the master bath completely gutted and expanded to twice its size, the other bathrooms done over, new ceilings, paint throughout, additional electrical wiring, and the relocation of some AC units. They're also having screens made for the windows and sliding doors. Mike said screens are rare in Singapore--("they prefer to just let the Dengue Fever mosquitoes fly in...")--but they insisted.
In the meantime, after four days in a family suite at the Grand Hyatt, they'll be in a "service apartment." Mike said the movers were at their old place for three days and packed 369 boxes! They're also hand-carrying another 20. Mike will be in India the week after next and Paula will be "somewhere" as well.
Skipped Weight Watchers yesterday, so will go this morning at 9:00. I really don't feel I've lost any, but that's all right. I've been prudent and I'm in this for the long haul. Will come back to the blog and post my loss, gain, or the status quo.
Later: Lost .2--that's point two, not two pounds--and am perfectly okay with that. It brings me to 187, with 12.6 off. Now I'm going to go eat breakfast.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Now that you've driven to Newark....stay on the road following US 13 right into Virginia Beach. I used to do it in 4 and half hours, but I was speeding. Those Maryland cops must be obeyed. Now it takes about 5 or 6....

Point 2 is great. As you know...some wks...nada and then wow. I like hearing I'm in it for the long haul....that's the one that works. I read today that Marty Friel was married to Nancy Keebler. Wasn't she in the class of '52 or '53?

Dee's Blog said...

Getting together with old friends is stimulating to say the least. I get such a high just talking to someone I haven't seen in years. It's too bad you couldn't have driven further and visited Pat as she suggested.
Your still doing great with WW. What is the difference losing points and pounds?

Mimi said...

Pat: Remember, I was in Virginia two weekends ago, but it was still a lo-o-o-ng way to Virginia Beach, I think about 150 miles. Hey, one of these days, I'll take you up on your invitation and you'll say, "Good grief, did I really ask her to come?"
Dee: Point two is just two tenths of a pound, so a few ounces, but as I wrote, I'm okay with it. Yes, old friends are good to talk to. Actually, I've known Lynne only 7 or 8 years--the story of our connection is too long to tell here, but if you want to know, will e-mail you.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...