Wednesday, June 06, 2007

As I assumed, there wasn't much new at the pulmonologist's. I mentioned the research information Fred sent and the doctor said it wouldn't hurt to contact University of Penn to ask about it. As we left the parking lot, I ran over a curb, Pat made a snide remark, we had words, and I've been in a black mood ever since.
It wasn't helped by arriving home at 11:30 to find that the Home Depot people, who had said they'd deliver the study components between 1 and 6, had already come and dumped the parts in the driveway. Luckily, Leslie was home, saw them, and called Dennis. In an hour or so, Dennis and Bill came and moved the stuff into the house and garage.
Susan is visiting her daughter in Connecticut until Friday, so we won't walk together for 3 days. However, since I bought the portable CD player, I'll walk by myself later--don't want to stop doing that.
Alison called on her way home and we had a long talk. I shared a little of my frustrating day with her and--sweet girl--she invited me up for dinner. However, I had already put the chicken in, so declined, but I'll see her Sunday at Jen's shower. I got some ideas from Alison about what they need for the new baby and plan to go to Hamilton Mall today to Babies 'R' Us. Think I'll treat myself to lunch out, too.
Dennis said they'll be here to start the work about 10:00, so it's quite possible my computer will be out of commission for awhile. Hope I can hook it up somewhere else, but if not, sayanora for now.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

How come guys make their 'sweet' comments when we go over a curb or something similar and nobody's supposed to say a thing when they do it. And they often do. And "it's the curbs fault".

Finding all that stuff in the driveway may have taken me over the edge...you're entitled to a low day and a nice quiet delicious lunch by yourself. Won't have to listen to anyone.
Please pay your 5 cents on the way out.
love,
Lucy

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...