Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Good news: Pat got back to the bay yesterday. I know he's also trying to get back to "normal" (yes, Betty, "normal" for us) and I was happy for him.
While he was gone, I went to Santori's to stock up on squash (butternut), tomatoes, red-leaf lettuce, avocado, plums, mushrooms, sweet peppers, and broccoli. Love those fresh veggies. After, I stopped down the bay. John was the only one of Pat's bay buddies there, but there were lots of people fishing and crabbing.
Susan had knocked on the door about 6:45 am to say she had a cold and didn't feel up to walking. When she's not available, I often give myself permission to skip it, too--evidence of my basic lazy and craven nature--but not this time. I got my CD portable, adjusted the Mozart disc, and walked the usual mile and a half. (Remember, I saw my arteries.)
For us, it was a slow day: Got Pat to the podiatrist without incident, and Pat's brother, Bill, called in the morning and Betty in the evening. B. sent me a DVD on 1936, the year we were born--am anxious to see it.
In the afternoon, a beautiful white azalea plant was delivered. It's in a ceramic container with a nautical theme, but will eventually be planted outside. I assume it's from Mike because he often sends from this company, but there's no card; also assume it's for our anniversary, which is tomorrow.
Yes, tomorrow we'll be married 49 years. It's just impossible to wrap my mind around that, considering I feel little different than I did all those years ago. (Do I look different? Why, no, not at all.) Not sure what, if anything, we'll do to celebrate. We just had the family down on Sunday and Alison and Mike are leaving for New Mexico shortly. Maybe we'll just acknowledge the milestone--we talked about it at dinner last night--and move on. There's actually something nice about being comfortable enough to skip a celebration.

3 comments:

Dee's Blog said...

I'm so glad that Pat is back to his normal routine. It's good that he has his friends to chat with.
Give you a lot of credit Rosemary for sticking to the morning walking regardless of whether Susan goes or not. I have a portable CD player but when I was walking I noticed it was cutting out. It's down in the cellar in my special place "things I had to have" Maybe I'll dig it out. I have a lot of classical CD's but when I was walking I preferred to use the marches. See the military never left me

EBJ said...

Art,
I did not call today because I just go home and it is 6:30 PM! I don't want to wake you up.

iloveac said...

Hey Girlfriend,
This is short, but we just got back and I wanted to be one of the first to wish you and Pat....Happy Anniversary.

Will write more tomorrow after I catch up on our blogs.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...