Friday, June 22, 2007

I was so touched and pleased when Pat came back from the bay with a big pot of zinnias for me for our anniversary. He said he had driven to a local nursery we often use, looked over the flowers, called an employee to bring over his selection, and paid her, all without getting out of the car. The flowers are beautiful, very large, and all in fiery colors: gold, red, and orange.
In return, I bought veal ($14.99 a pound!) and breaded and fried it (I usually "bake/fry" meat, but this was special). Also made his favorite scalloped potatoes. I surprised him, he was appreciative, and we were content.
I didn't, of course, have the cutlet. I had a big salad and Boca sausage, which was very good. Surprisingly, the WW scale yesterday morning showed that I had gained 1.2 pounds this week. I'm not sure why, but am not concerned. I know it will balance out next time and remember, I'm in this for the long haul.
Alison called and we decided we'd go to Joseph's (at Renault Winery) for dinner on Saturday. She and Mike leave for New Mexico on Monday. I'm hoping Pat feels up to going, too, but that's iffy.
Spoke to friend Marge, whose husband is up in Blue Mountain, NY, near the Canadian border (long story I won't go into) and we made a date to go to dinner tonight. We want to try a new restaurant with the unfortunate name of "Poseidon." I know that was a sea god, but what you think of first is the big wave, glub-glub, and goodbye Shelley Winters.
Betty called and we had a good chat. As I guess everybody on the eastern seaboard knows, it was not only our anniversary yesterday, but little Claire's first birthday. Betty had sent me that "year of your birth" 1936 (yoicks!) DVD and we watched it after dinner. It's a montage of news films from 70 years ago (double yoicks!) and was so entertaining, covering politics, entertainment, and just plain silliness. The more things change...
Woke up late today: 6:20, so now must meet Susan for our walk.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Hi Rosemary,
I too would be so touched that Pat went to the nursery and picked out flowers.....he could have just picked up the phone and that would have been nice, but knowing what he did made it extra special. You just never know when these guys will once again win our hearts.

Also your statement "being in this for the long haul" regarding your wgt goal is a powerful reinforcer.....even for me. And you are right....those 1.2 lbs are probably your bod just taking a rest and adjusting to the changes....you'll see them disappear next week.

We have been to Joseph's and liked it very much...something to look forward to....or is it something forward with which to look....hell, you know what I mean.

Dee's Blog said...

What a loving hubby you have Rosemary but I think you already know that. As Pat said he took that extra step to please you.
Oh how I would love to make veal cutlets but you know the story. LOL
14.99lb means it must be 16.99 up here. The butcher shops here in Ma think we're all related to the Kennedy's.
Don't even think of those 2 lbs Rosemary, you'll take four off next week.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...