After some problems with my RLS when I first went to bed, I slept pretty well. Got up for coffee, then bestirred myself to go to balance class at 10:00. After and back upstairs, I heard from Ellen, who was due at 11:30, that she needed to stop at the post office first and would probably be here closer to noon.
She was and soon, we took off for town. We stopped first at the bank so I could pick up some check registers. I use my debit card for almost everything and not often for checks, but I record all my transactions that way and it works for me. We then went to the car wash to get her chariot all shiny clean, then decided it was time for lunch and we went to the Hill Street Cafe. It was lovely sitting out on the veranda, which they've refurbished. El got a big salad and I a smaller one with half a turkey sandwich and a cold beer. Very good.
We then went to Wal-Mart to pick up household necessities, as well as other things. I got Charmin to replay Paula for lending me two rolls when I ran out--added a roll for interest. El came back to my place to visit for a bit and I asked if she wanted two throw blankets I had and don't use. Yes, indeedy, and she was pleased to get them. She left about 4:15 and soon, it was time to go down to dinner.
I ate with Kathie, Paula, and LaVerne; it was manicotti, which was tasty. Then it was back upstairs to take my white slacks and iron to the laundry room, where I ironed them to wear today.
"Food for Thought" is scheduled for 11:00 today. It's a gathering with Director Tiffany and Chef Michael where residents can ask questions and discuss concerns. I'll be there, that's a cinch, to ask why no-sugar-added ice cream can't be offered every day. Come to think of it, if that's my level of serious concern, I shouldn't complain. 😆
No comments:
Post a Comment