No weight report today: My scale is out of juice and, although I have the batteries it uses, I can't seem to open the section, so couldn't weight. Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S. and I weighed in, but neglected to record it. I know I lost a miniscule amount--I think I was told a fourth of a pound or something, but it was insignificant. Hey, at least I didn't gain.
Ellen called me on the way home to thank me for the birthday card from Gwennie and Cessy (meow!). She and Greg will be here today and we'll go the Greek restaurant in Camerillo to celebrate the birth of this lovely young woman:
Darling Daughter Ellen; I don't know what I'd do without her.
Home at 9:30 and I had a piece a bread and butter, then napped for an hour. Went down to lunch after and sat with Kathie, LaVerne, and Paula. The conversation was good and so was the chicken piccata.
I went downstairs at 2:00 for Happy Hour and saw Mindy with a man to whom she introducted me. It was Keith's brother, Kelly, here to oversee Keith's possessions and so on. I asked if I could speak to him for a bit and he was kind enough to sit down with me for about forty-five minutes. It was so good and so fulfilling to talk to him. He told me a lot about Keith and the family background, all of which I found absorbing. Still, though, the cause of death isn't known.
After, I fooled around with the laptop until 2:00 when it was time for Happy Hour. The Dynamic Due were there, as they often are, and I like them so much. Enjoyed their renditions of old-time songs and their tribute to Dolly Parton. Indulged in a Margarita during the program.
Dinner with Paula, Denise, and Mary and they were interested to hear of my exchange with Keith's brother. After dinner, I saw Mindy and she said some of Keith's possession was in the multi-purpose room for anyone who wented them. They were all books and included was the one I had lent to Keith months ago; I took that, as well as two others.
No comments:
Post a Comment