Thursday, September 17, 2026

WEDNESDAY

 As mentioned, I was awakened at 6:00 by a call from Little Egg Harbor Township regarding my failure to pay the water/sewage bill for my house in Little Egg. That was because they had sent the bill to my old address and the post office had failed to forward it. Anyway, long story short, after involving someone to represent me, the problem is solved.

Rick drove me to CVS to pick up my medications. On the way, he asked if I wanted to do other shopping  or would I prefer he simply wait for me. I had intended to go to Vons, but decided I really didn't need anything there urgently, so I opted to have him wait. I got the meds and was back home within the hour. As I disembarked, I ran into resident Katherine, who had lived in SO-FI and moved here shortly after I did. She had on a shirt with the name of her adorable little dog on it and I had to take a picture: 

Had lunch with Kathie, LaVerne, Paula, and Denise, fivc of us at a table for four, but that was okay. After that, I played around on this laptop for a bit, then went downstairs to have my BP taken. It was good, 119/66 (55), so maybe the fact that I had to wait for the nurse for fifteen or so made a difference.I stayed downstairs because I was almost time to play dime Bingo. I did and won three games.   

One of the other residents--I think she has a screw loose--is constantly talking about her distant relatives, the Clossens, who founded the pickle company. She showed me an article her cousin or somebody had sent her, then asked if I would look for more on the Internet. I did when I got home--there are dozens--and printed them out for her. She was ecstatic.

Dined with Paula, LaVerne, and one of the Carols--there are several here--a somewhat somber personality who has a tendency to preach and tell you what to think, a trait I particularly dislike. However, she suffers from depression and I guess I should give her a pass. While we were eating, Mindy came over to ask if it was all right with me for her to move my Samuri warrior into the dining room  in the place of distinction on the fireplace. Sure, why not. 

Today is "Japan Day" and lunch will include Japanese--or at least, Asian--food, as well as good Japanese beer, Sapparo and plum wine. Saki will also be available, but I certainly will skip that as it's about the most disgusingly horrible beverage I've ever tasted. 

I slept fairly well and will try to skip a nap today. 

No comments:

WEDNESDAY

 As mentioned, I was awakened at 6:00 by a call from Little Egg Harbor Township regarding my failure to pay the water/sewage bill for my hou...