Saturday, September 05, 2026

FRIDAY

Mary Ann picked me up for T.O.P.S. at our usual 8:15. Sharon, as she had called to tell me, was absent, but Cheryl, Lennie, Lanie, and Cherlean were there and guess who won the biggest loser prize? Yours truly, that's who, which came as an incredible surprise. I really hadn't made much effort, but somehow lost two pounds, going to 140.6 at home and 141.8 at the meeting.

Home at 9:30 and I lay down for a bit before changing and going downstairs to meet Suzanne and Vickie at 11:30. It was great to see them, of course, and Vickie gave me the good news that she and her group had won a trophy for first place in a pool (billiard) tournement. Here she is by herself and with Suzanne, our  Sister of Mercy mutual friend: 

We went to Casa de Soria, where we've been before and I like a lot. I had a tostedo (probably misspelled) and a *free* Margarita and a not-free beer. Had a great time, of course, talking and catching up. 

Home in time to go to Happy Hour (a second Margarita!), where the "Shoreline Singers" was the entertainment:  
They've been here before and I'm afraid I'm not terribly fond of their selections or their singer--however, the Margarita was good.

Dinner was right after and I sat with Kathie, LaVerne, and Paula. We talked again about Keith and our sadness at his passing. 

Ellen called and we discussed the fact that I'll see her and Greg for dinner at Sea Fresh today. Also, she invited me to come next Friday to celebrate her birthday, which is the day before, September 11; Greg will cook dinner. Sure thing.

Mike Messaged me about 7:00 and we had a nice chat. He'll be leaving for London in a few days (Vivian is already there to start doctorate studies), then back to Singapore, then to Savannah to take Violet to college. Hey, they get around.  

No comments:

FRIDAY

Mary Ann picked me up for T.O.P.S. at our usual 8:15. Sharon, as she had called to tell me, was absent, but Cheryl, Lennie, Lanie, and Cherl...