Tuesday, September 08, 2026

MONDAY

Susan picked me up at 11:15 and off we went to the Stone Fire Grille; her little Gizmo came, too, and was perfectly behaved during lunch: 

 There were five others there, including Barbara Q., who hasn't attended in some time. I was so pleased to see her and we had a great time. When that sweet girl, Susan, dropped me off, she said she's pick me up in two weeks for our dinner gathering, so I don't even have to text her beforehand. 

It was almost 2:00 when I got back, but no prob, as I didn't have anything else scheduled. Took my nap, futzed around, and then it was dinnertime.Neither Kathie nor LaVerne showed--they often stay in their apartments for dinner--so Paula and I sat together by ourselves. We had a good talk getting to know each other more and, as mentioned before, I like Paula so much. Although she's only in early seventies and looks younger, she suffered two strokes three years ago, and has been working on the effects ever since. Happily, her speech is perfectly okay; it's her memory and her balance that cause her some problems. Anyway, much as I like the others with whom we usually sit, it was good to chat with her alone.  

I went to bed very late for me: ten-thirty. Even so, I awoke too early and got up, so I'll have to nap again today. That's okay, as I have no plans except dime Bingo at 2:00. 

No comments:

MONDAY

Susan picked me up at 11:15 and off we went to the Stone Fire Grille; her little Gizmo came, too, and was perfectly behaved during lunch:   ...