Monday, September 28, 2026

SUNDAY

I spent a good portion in the morning on the phone. Talked to a family member in Jersey, then Sharon, then Noreen, both here, then Doris in Virginia. After that, I went to The Orchard library (near my apartment) and borrowed two books. I wish a librarian could be kidnapped and made to put the shelves in some kind of order. I rarely read fiction and it's hard to find non- among the lady novelists.

Went downstairs to ask Tia to print me out a monthly schedule. Every week, we're left at our doors a meal schedule and an activity schedule, but not the monthly one and sometimes if I don't know what's coming up, I'm off campus and miss it. 

As I was going back to my apartment, a young woman visitor asked me if I had made the wreath on my door. No, my niece gave it to me, but we started chatting. It seems her in-laws had just moved in down the hall; unfortunately, her mother-in-law fell and broke two ribs, but is recovering well in the hospital. I'll look forward to meeting them. On the elevator, I met another new resident, this one named Judy (I know three other Judies here) and we chatted; I hope to see her again. 

Had lunch with Kathie, LaVerne, Paula, and Denise and we had our usual enjoyable time. After, I road the stationary bike for twenty minutes--little enough, but at least, I did it--while reading the new book I picked up in our so-called library about the royal families and its problems. 

Poured clog drainer in the kitchen sink. It really isn't clogged, just seems rather slow and I figured it couldn't hurt. Aside from that, I cleaned up a bit during the quiet day.

I had planned to go to Yatzee at 3:00, but I saw Tia and she said didn't show today. No prob, I'll just find something productive to do--HA! I spent my afternoon playing various games on the laptop. 

Kathie and LaVerne stayed in their apartments for dinner, as they often do, but Paula and Denise were at our usual place. Trish joined us and it was fun to have her there. Several years ago, she broke her--hip? vertebrae? I can't remember which, but she's in a wheelchair and has an aide. Her mind in sharp, though, and she really doesn't belong is assisted living. Anyway, it was good talking to her.

I asked Paula if she'd like to go with me and take the "bike" ride I enjoyed so much last week.  Yes, she would and I'll let Mindy know tomorrow. (She's off on Sundays and Mondays.)

No comments:

SUNDAY

I spent a good portion in the morning on the phone. Talked to a family member in Jersey, then Sharon, then Noreen, both here, then Doris in ...