For the first time in months, I went downstairs to breakfast. Why? Because I wanted to say goodbye to Keith's brother, Kelly, who was leaving in the morning. I was surprised and pleased to see Kathy come down, too. The three of us held a kind of psuedo wake, reminiscing about our experiences with Keith. It was comforting and after, Kathie and I hugged Kelly and wished him well.
It was 8:45 when I got home and I immediately took an hour nap. Got up refreshed and went down to the multi-purpose room for balance class. Followed that by tidying up a bit, then it was time for lunch.
At lunch, I sat with Kathie, LaVerne, and Paula and we shared more Keith memories, but not for long. Keith is gone and so is Kelly and, distressing as it is to accept that, as humans must after any such loss. I didn't want the jambalaya, so got a hot dog and life went on.
Happpy day, I got emailed the Merchantile license, so now I'm in the clear. I called my "agent" and we had a lovely chat.
Mindy had taken this picture of Mary and me--and others--for Japan week and it was shown on the screens in several gathering rooms:
No comments:
Post a Comment