Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Washing And Walking

I bestirred myself after breakfast and stripped the hard floors, washed the area rugs and laid them on the patio to dry (I think the sunshine is better for them than the dryer--I understand it kills germs). Went over the floors with my three-step Boca routine: Shark, dust with dry Velcro "mop," then wet wash with the other. It seemed like such a chore, although I was finished in about an hour. I don't know how I managed a whole house with a family of six in it. (Yeah, I do: I was decades younger.)
Took trash and recycle to the receptacles, then took off with my little cart for WinCo.
I walked down Victoria (1/12) to Telephone Road, intending to get a bus from there. However, I checked my realtime bus app and it wouldn't arrive for 18 minutes, time enough for me to get to the next stop a mile away. Checked when I got there and it was still 9, so I walked to Portola Avenue, another half or so. When I finally boarded, it was only five minutes to WinCo. Got my groceries and bused to the transit center, from there, got the 10 bus to home.
Now WHY am I writing all this crapola? All the business about the buses, I mean. Dunno, it must be a compulsion.
Anyway, went over to Von's for what I forgot at WinCo, including bleach (well, it kills germs, right?). Home, I had lunch, put in a white wash, then got a call from my brother, Larry, in Miami. His 88th birthday being the other day, he marked it by driving 11 hours to visit out older brother, Jim, 94, in Virginia. (Actually, one of his four daughters--he has three sons, too--drove most of the way.)
Larry is a champion talker and we were on the phone for an hour and a half. He invited me down and, actually, I'd like to take him up on it. We'll see.
I then put some return books in my cart and walked to the little library in the park. Put them in, but since I'm engaged in reading My Body, didn't take any.  Walking there and back, I chalked up another three miles, so a total of about 8 yesterday, more than usual.
Didn't get home until 6:00. I had marinated a nice tuna steak and I popped it in the oven. Along with fresh spinach, one of my favs, it was a yummy dinner.
In a few hours, I'm leaving for Club Salon to get my hair cut--YAY!


No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...