Saturday, June 13, 2020

Here And There And Jay

Stripped the bed, re-made, and did a white wash. Fooled around on the Internet, then strolled over to Von's. Ellen had given me an offer of a whole rotisserie chicken from there--free. I checked, and yes, indeed, I got my chicken. She must have spent a fortune. I had that for lunch and saved my big salad for dinner.
The T.O.P.S. Zoom virtual meeting came  off as scheduled at 3:00. I again had problems with my connections, though. We decided we'd meet next Friday in the parking lot at Trinity Lutheran, where we usually hold our meeting. We'll have the scale and will get weighed in leader; Lenore ("Lennie") has the building key, as her husband is the minister emeritus there. We'll bring lawn chairs and hold a meeting sitting six feet apart.
After the Zoom meeting, I called Cheryl and she invited me over for coffee on Monday, which I was happy to accept. She lives only a short walk from me and she and her husband are active in anti-war groups.
By 4:00 or so, I was antsy, as I had barely gotten out all day, so I set off for the bus stop for town. However, I checked my app and found it wasn't coming for 15 minutes, so I crossed the street and got number 21 in the opposite direction. This goes to Oxnard and thought I'd stop in to see Greg.
But no: It stopped at Telephone Road and I impulsively got off. Okay, I'll just get the 11 bus and go toward WinCo.
Nah, I didn't feel like going to a supermarket, so I walked toward the park, but on Telephone, not the foot path. I had forgotten it was more than a mile, but got there and stopped to call El and thank her for the chicken. Looked in the little library and was pleased to see the books and DVD I had left were gone. I didn't take anything this time, as I have at least five I haven't read. Walked home by way of the foot bridge, so I got more than three miles in.
Note: This would have been the birthday of my dear nephew, Jay's. Betty called to tell me that and what made me even more sorrowful is that she hadn't remembered herself; her daughter had reminded her.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...