Monday, June 29, 2020

Semi-Mopey, But Not Too Bad

The usual Sunday. The crossword was good; it incorporated "Tom Swifties," which were fun to solve. After breakfast, I took my cart and walked to Wal-Mart for cottage cheese, lettuce, mushrooms, and other stuff.
Lunched, looked at some things on YouTube, then headed out to town. While I was waiting for the bus, Tony C. called. He said he could do the bushes and clean up the landscaping at my house for $375. Okay, go to it, I said. Texted Eileen to let her know he'll start today or tomorrow.
During the stopover at the transit center, niece Carolyn called. She said she was her way to Betty's and could she have one of the beers I left in the fridge? Well, of course, in fact, have two, they're for both of us.
Got off the bus at Chestnut and walked down Main. I didn't even go in any stores because it was already after 4:00. I enjoyed it, anyway and it was good to see so many sitting at the restaurant  "patios"--actually tables and chairs set up on the street. I wished I had somebody with me, so I could enjoy it, too.
Got the 6 bus back and home a bit before six.. I had planned to roast my tuna steak it in the oven, but instead seared it and cooked on the stove, along with two packages of mushrooms I had hastily cut up.  I heated up my spinach and spaghetti squash and had that, too--yum, a good dinner.
Darn, I woke this morning for the usual, then couldn't get back for the longest time. I made the mistake of looking at the time and it was 2:17 am! Maybe I'll take a nap today.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...