Saturday, June 27, 2020

T.O.P.S. And Other Stuff

Cheryl picked me up at 8:40 for T.O.P.S.,  which was again held outside and was mercifully short. As noted below, I stayed the same--or lost a tiny bit, depending on how you look at it. After breakfast, I walked to the bank, then to The Market for body wash, rice cakes, and beets, so got about three miles in.
An odd thing happened at BOA: Mike had received a check for $6.02. When I emailed him to ask if I should send it, he said it wasn't worth the trouble, just throw it away. Throw it away?!? He's telling that to somebody who walks a mile out of her way to get grapes for fifty cents cheaper?  I put "deposit only," his name, and his account number (yes, I could clean him out) on the back. However, just on a whim, I asked the teller if I could have the cash instead--and he gave it to me! After he did, I pointed out that it said "deposit only," but he shrugged and said, "Oh, it's such a small amount...." Geez, when I worked at the Ventnor City National Bank sixty-five years ago, that would get you fired!
Didn't get back home until almost 2:00 and was just about to eat lunch when Olivia knocked on my door. She gave me four more beautiful avocados, saying she has a friend who grows them. I invited her in, which she declined (she's the one with the germ phobia), but we had a nice chat at the door for about a half hour. We decided we'd take our lunches some day and meet at the complex middle near the pool, where there are tables and umbrellas.
Bob Szabo called from Sunrise Bay to say he had replaced the damaged sprinkler heads, but there were three of them and it would cost $95.  I'll send it off today. Still haven't heard from Tony C. with an estimate on the shrubbery.
I got a sweet thank-you note from my darling great-grandson for the graduation gift. Also receive the book on the Washington Plantation slave family I had ordered.
Ate lunch, then took a bus to town. I got off sooner than usual and just walked up Main, which is still blocked off. There were a fair number of people at the various restaurant setups in the street and that was heartening. I just stopped into the Coalition, but didn't buy anything; caught the 6 bus home.
I didn't get in until after 5:00 and I called Ellen to tell her about the check caper and we chatted otherwise.
                                                                Weight Report
I can't even begin to figure this out and I'm not going to try. According to my scale at home, I lost .02 pounds (big whoops, as the kids used to say) since last week, but according to the T.O.P.S. scale, I stayed the same. I probably shouldn't be recording my weight three times on two different scales (obsessive and all that, you know), but I'll continue until--until I don't. 

                           Home, unclothed: 130.6 (down .02)   Clothed: 131.4 (down .02)
                           T.O.P.S.:                                                    "        132.3 (same as last week)

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...