Monday, June 15, 2020

Slow Sunday

Another slow Sunday, but not too bad. Betty called early and we talked aimlessly for a time. After breakfast and the crossword puzzle, I put in a load of wash. Waited around to put it in the dryer before going over to Von's. I took the cart because I got several larger items, including a six-roll package of paper towels, a six-pack (actually a six-bottle) of Corona Premier, and containers of salad dressing and cottage cheese.
As for the booze, you'd think I partied all the time (I wish!) or had a drinking problem if you looked in my fridge. Besides the beer, there's a pack (four small bottles) of Chardonnay and a large bottle of sangria. I won't drink them very soon, but I like to know they're there, for some reason. (Maybe just in case some cute guy drops in--hardy-har-har.)
After lunch, I was locking my door to leave for the bus stop when Suzanne came out. She announced happily that she had gone to the pool and swam for the first time in months. I was so glad for her; she says it helps her sciatica (bursitis? I'm not sure which) immensely.  We talked for a bit, then said so long. I took a bus to the mall and went to Target for printer paper. Didn't feel like going anywhere else, so just came home, getting in before 5:00.
Shortly, I'll leave to walk to Cheryl's, who lives up the hill from here. She invited me for coffee at 8:00. Her husband is active in Veterans Against War and I'll be interested in talking to him.

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...