Friday, June 26, 2020

Slogging Through And Stephen King

Slogged through the first part of the day. Did some computer non-work, then walked over to Von's for romaine, grapes, and pretzels. It was only 11:00 when I got home--what to do now? I easily could have walked to either The Market or the park, but I didn't feel like it.  Therefore, I did something radical: I watched the second half of one of my DVDs, When A Stranger Calls IN THE DAYTIME.
This should have been at least nominated--for Worse Movie of the Century. It would have won in a walk. The beginning and end are pretty scary, but the middle is idiotic beyond belief.
After lunch, it was just more of the same, until Ellen got here at 4:30. She had her iced tea, I my beer and pretzels, and we sat out in the middle of the complex under an umbrella. Had a nice visit, as ever.
El  left a bit before 6:00 and I stopped home, dropped off my stuff, and, feeling I just had to get at least a bit of exercise in, walked to the bus stop, bused to the transit center/mall, and went to Target. I got blueberries and "Skinny" popcorn, and got home about 7:30. Had time to shower and wash my hair before I sat down to watch part of my other recent DVD purchase, Stephen King's Salem's Lot. 
This was a whole lot better than When A Stranger Calls, but that's not saying much.  It does have Rob Lowe--talk about eye candy--but the story line, since it's from a King book, is convoluted and confusing. Watched for about 45, then quit.
T.O.P.S. today.


No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...