Wednesday, July 04, 2018

They're Gone

Well, the guy and the girls are gone (sob!) They left for Denver about 7 am from Ellen's; happily, I'll see them soon again in New Mexico.
 I walked Kimball and was surprised and gratified at how many of my park pals remarked on my absence on Monday. Did this and that around the apartment, then went to the mall and bought a bathing suit and another pair of the pajamas I like. I then met Nancy for the 2:10 movie, Life of the Party.
Boy, it was so bad, I wouldn't even call it a dog--more like an orangutan or maybe an amoeba. Story line and scrip were on the third-grade level, if that, and it was as contrived and forced as it gets. Just plain dumb, sez I.
After, we enjoyed our usual wine and goat cheese plate at The Cave. Nancy asked if she could join Diane and me at the Aloha on Friday and, sure, I don't see why not. Stayed talking until after 6:00, at which point we said goodbye.
I was determined to do my afternoon walk, which I had skipped for the several days my gang was here. Drove to town, walked to the library and back, and was glad I did. One of the thing I love about summer is that I didn't get home until 7:30 and it was still light.
Fourth of July parade today; I'll march for peace.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...