Sunday, July 29, 2018

Robyn And Her Magic

Walked Kimball, then straightened up a bit after breakfast.  I made up a salad, plus thin-sliced turkey sandwiches and put them in the fridge.
Steve, Robyn, and Dex got here about 12:30, we had lunch, then the guys went to the pool while Robyn and I attended to the costume renovations.  I put the outfit on and we decided the petticoat and blouse, while too big, could be tucked in, tightened, and otherwise adjusted.  The skirt was the problem. It was too big around the waist and much too long. The belt, also, needed attention, as that was a bit tight.
Boy, after Robyn performed her magic, the outfit looked great. I added the grey wig and a few other embellishments and when Steve and Dex came in, greeted them as Caroline Dudley--they were wowed. They stayed for a bit and left about 3:30, after which I immediately drove to town and walked my walk.
Steve said Betty was coming to visit them "for a few weeks" (?), but they were going camping next weekend in Santa Barbara and could she stay with me? Well, sure, but I can't devote much time to entertaining her, as my country fair thing was the following Tuesday. Anyway, she may or may not come. Either way, my focus is going to be on the Dudley thing.
Connie called as I was walking on Main Street and we agreed that I'd come to her house in Oxnard on Thursday to show her my costume, return hers, and do my talk. Until then, I'm clearing the decks to concentrate on the presentation.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...