Friday, July 27, 2018

Costume

It was good to resume my park walk; I met Irene (Diane is hiking in Canada), Carolyn and Bob, but didn't see Ed. Home by 7:15.
I tried on the costume from Hell and it's a lousy fit. I can more or less adjust the blouse (big), the petticoat (very big, but with a drawstring), and the belt (tight). As for the skirt, if I was six foot two and weighed 400 pounds, it would fit. It's enormous and I was discouraged.
However, I called Robyn and she said she'd come here tomorrow with her sewing machine and alter it for me. She'll bring her boy, Dex, who can go in the pool, plus maybe Betty, who's in Santa Barbara, but Dana can drop her here on his way to his mother's, and so on and so forth.
Went to town and did the usual. I stopped into the furniture part of Goodwill and saw an elephant that I knew was made for me. It's of plaster, I think, and is about two feet high, very unusual, so I bought it.  Do I need it? Yeah, like a hole in the head.
Connie called about getting together re costume and script. Her doggie is sick, so she isn't sure when she's available, but will let me know. I called Nancy, who I'll take to lunch for her eightieth sometime next week. Ellen called, coming back from SB; she may come tomorrow for the pool, too.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...