Thursday, July 05, 2018

Parade

I toyed with the idea of skipping Kimball, as I had to be at Ellen's at 8:30, but resisted the temptation. Walked very early, was home by 7:00, had breakfast, and took off for Ojai.
I chatted with Greg before he left for work, then El took me to the gathering place to meet up with the peace group. I got there at 9:00, much too early, as the parade didn't start until 10:00, and we were number 42 of 61. However, I met some kindred spirits and it was great to chat with them. The organizers, Brian and Lisa provided some nicely-made signs--mine had "One Humanity" on one side and "Ojai, City of Peace" on the other. We gave the "vee" peace sign as we marched and what a pleasure it was that so many applauded us and returned it. I'm convinced the majority of ordinary people are anti-war and weary of the constant U.S aggression. Ironically, we followed a garish float with somebody on a loudspeaker how grateful we should be to "our heroes."
 The route was down Main Street about two miles. The weather was warm, but not hot, sunny and beautiful, and it felt good to walk the two miles for peace.
It was over at 11:30 and it took Ellen a while to pick me up, but she did and we went back to her house for--yum! the wine slush I had in her freezer. She made hamburgers, baked beans, and corn on the cob, all delicious, and we sat outside on her patio to eat. After, I went into El's bedroom to change into shorts and fell sound asleep on her bed. Slept for about two hours and felt great when I woke up. We talked for a few hours after that and I left about 5:00. Good day and a good way to mark the fourth of July.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...