Sunday, July 08, 2018

More Pool

After Kimball, breakfast, and salad prep, I was surprised to get a call from CC, of Toastmasters, asking if we could meet for coffee. Okay, sure, and I strolled over to McDonald's (her choice, not mine) to see her. She wanted to talk about the meeting tomorrow at Dudley House and said, among other things, that she thought the chapter should be better organized. I couldn't agree more and we talked. I also told her I was not anxious to act as general evaluator (it's a lot more complicated than I had thought) and she said she'd ask Sue to do it. Better for me, as I'm going to be spending the night at Ellen's today and tomorrow (she and Greg leave for Pismo Beach today) and I don't particularly want to stay late and drive to Ojai in the dark.
El had said she'd be over at noon and so she was. I had prepared romaine and tomatoes for our salads and was pleased to use my new three-compartment serving dish for chopped chicken, chopped cucumbers, and sliced onions, so we could each prepare our own.
We then changed and went to the pool. It felt great, of course, and once we cooled off, we got in the hot tub, then sat with Suzanne for a bit.  After a few hours, El left to run some errands, me to shower, dress, and take off for town. Walked my walk and enjoyed it, getting back about 6:15.
Called Nancy and we made a date for lunch on Tuesday at The Beverage House in Ojai. I had a good dinner of fresh tuna, fresh spinach, and fresh Brussels sprouts and they were all yummy.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...