Saturday, July 07, 2018

The Pool And Happy Hour(s)

Walked Kimball, then to T.O.P.S. an hour later. Hmm...I gained this week--not much, but I'm now at 129.7, almost two pounds more than ideal, and I'm going to address the problem.
After getting weighed in, I didn't stay for the meeting, saying I had some early appointments. Well, I did, sort of, but mostly I find it so boring, I want scream, plus I get hungry for breakfast. Had that, then went to the mall to exchange the top part of my swim suit for a larger size. Size 12 fit fairly well, but seemed snug and the 14 is better.
Ellen called when I got home to say she was on her way to the dentist's office (needed an adjustment to her new crown) and would stop at Subway for a sandwich, then come here. She did, we had lunch, then went off to the pool.
Oh, heaven in a liquid! It was very hot, 90 or thereabouts, and the water was sublime--cool, but not cold, and crystal clear. Suzanne was there (she has fibroneuralgia* and swims every day, which seems to help) and we hung out with her. Went in the hot tub once we had cooled off, then I had to go home and change to meet Diane. El stayed in the pool (she has a key to my apartment) and said she might be back today.
Went home, dressed without bothering to shower, and took off for town. Met Diane at the Aloha at 3:00, at which point we found out Happy Hour wasn't until 4:00. We noticed that the restaurant in the Crown Plaza across the square, has H.H. at 3:00 and went over there for cold beer and calamari. At 4:00, we sashayed back to the Aloha and had a glass of Chardonnay and dark bread.
We talked and laughed and regaled each other with stories of our youth--what fun! Before we said goodbye, we agreed to meet at the Rumfish in town for Happy Hour next Wednesday. Diane went back to her place on Main Street and I did my town walk on the promenade that borders the beach. Went from there to the end of the pier--the longest in southern California--and back. It was so good to be there with all the  frolicking people and the beautiful blue Pacific, with its waves rolling in.
From there, I went to WinCo to get salad fixings, then to get gas. El called to say she'd come again today and I told her I'd fix lunch for the two of us.
*I can't spell it and neither can the numskulls at Spellcheck.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...