Sunday, July 15, 2018

Fun Day

A fun day with my D.D.* 
After Kimball and breakfast, I called Sheri to see if I could drop off the clothing I borrowed from Dudley House. I asked her to return them because I gave the keys to Sue because Poinsettia Toastmasters will meet there while I'm away. She agreed and I took them to her place.
Nearby is a large and attractive building high on Poli Street, now occupied by law offices. This was built by Selwyn Shaw, who also built Dudley House. I stopped to walk around it--what a beauty and what a view. Went from there to the museum to park, but there were no spots open--lots going on in town--so I parked at the library and walked back.
Met El at the Blue Agave a bit before noon and sat on the patio. We both had Margaritas, plus soft tacos, enchiladas, and the usual beans and rice. We had a great time, the Margaritas contributing to our high spirits. I wasn't really lit, but El decided I shouldn't drive home and I went in her car back to my place, where we changed and went to the pool.
It felt great, although it wasn't as hot as it had been the other day when we were there. Stayed about an hour and a half, then left, dressed, and went to CVS for a few things El wanted. From there, she drove me to town to pick up my car and, after many thanks, I hugged her goodbye.
Betty called on my way home--she's back in Ventnor and her court case is coming up on Tuesday. We talked a bit, I wished her good luck, then went home. Responded to Connie's e-mail asking when we can get together before the county fair thing and I suggested the 31st.
Tomorrow: New Mexico!
*Darling Daughter

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...